Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Beginnings and ends - Love Letters 7

What we began sitting on shared fences and walls, as innocent dreams fortified with white picket fences. Of children and dogs, fish in the pond and flowers in the yard. Simple, attainable and honourable! Such were our dreams, such were our plans. So childlike and so innocent!

While we reveled in each other and dreamt this simple sweetness, we also put to sleep our older desires. Dreams that we had dreamt since we were children…we gave it up in a moment for one another. Such was our passion, such was our love.

And with the new vision came new challenges – rugged, rough terrain. We were young and naïve when we boldly said, ‘God! Give us our share of burdens when we are young. When we can lift them and not buckle!’ He took our word and blessed us so abundantly. Wise we became, tired we are. But still the vicissitudes of life were so easy. Nothing is hard when we are together. Everything is attainable, everything is passable.

For years now I have filed your papers and taxes.
I have folded your laundry and handed your glasses.
I have cooked your meals and shared your pain.
Tell me now, was it all in vain?
I nursed my dreams and encouraged you to dream yours
I postponed my plans to accommodate yours.
And today when I can’t stay within the confines of my sphere anymore….
When I have to make my attempt to fly off the ledge that I am chained to….
Can I count on you to be there?
To gently hold my hands, to calm my fears,
To give me a last minute word of encouragement and hope?
To remind me that I am still loved, that you will still be here, waiting for me?

I stayed when I was tested and judged and when you experimented. But can I expect you to stay when I experiment? I will not judge you if you do decide to leave. But I do hope you can stay….

Yours in hope,
Your Love!

******

In the background, softly plays Jagjit Singh….

Parakhna mat,
parakhney mein koi apna nahin rehta
Kissi Aainey mein der tak chehra nahin rehta

Do not test/experiment/judge
When you do so, no one will remain yours
No face remains for too long in any mirror

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home