Monday, March 28, 2005

Chat - Love Letters 1

This is a new series that I am starting. As the title suggests these are love letters. Some of them are written over the years, others over minutes. I would love to say that they are inspired by AR Gurney's play - Love Letters, but I have not yet read the play. I suppose it is fair to say that the inspiration is my partly my life and partly my imagination. But they are mostly creative in nature.
******************


So we ‘chat’ everyday…my days, your nights!

'Chat' sounds so casual...like peanuts in a bar...it can be ignored if you have a refined taste! It’s not something you savour...its something you eat without thinking really, just because it’s sitting there in front of you. Like an accessory to something you really wanted in the first place. I like peanuts, but I dislike trite!!

I believe I am in the same category as vivacious, spunky….etc etc…I fit your criteria and create for myself a new category, by being more. And I am also one of those otherwise non-existent people with whom you can spend 14 hours as easily as you can spend with yourself....I am like your solitude. I live in your senses and I breathe into your lungs. It’s me that you take with, to work and back, into that lonely hotel room on those cold wet nights. It’s me that holds your hand as you walk at 2.00 am in the rain…. that rain never stops, does it?

I know how you set me as a standard when you have to make those decisions and think to yourself, “I wonder what she would do?” or “will she approve of this”. I also know how you strive for our future and how you thrive under my appreciation. I know how you miss me.

I miss you too. But, I like you this way...knowing you are so far away. It’s like being in a constant state of euphoria. And that tug at our hearts when we close the chat screen...does it not make me love you more? And if that yearning is gone, wont we settle into the banality and predictability of life and its courses?

Can’t ‘Man’ just remain constant with no progression or retrogression? Guess not…!! I suppose at some time, we will have to move beyond ‘chat’ and actually do mundane chit-chat. We will have to go beyond the fortresses of dreams of the future and venture into financial investments and diaper changes. Reality… life... I believe that’s what it is called!!

Still, it would be nice to just ‘chat’. Physical absence does make the heart grow fonder.

I look forward to tomorrow morning, when along with my coffee and daily reports, I will get a sweet, friendly, familiar door knock on my window pane!! And it will somehow make the vapid morning meetings and insipid coffee more bearable.

Yours in anticipation,
Your love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home