Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Peace - Love Letters 5

I see the white lace curtains floating in the soft breeze. The bamboo chimes announce the breeze’s sojourn. It smells like the sea! ‘Baby’s Breath’… tumbling down the window sill in shades of white, speckled with green, mingling with the misty vapour rising from the windows….warmed by the sharp morning sun. My fingers trace the drops of rain that’s left on the window pane. The little boats of rainbow float across the whole room, the myriad colours spanning the sparkle and shimmer. The walls are golden gossamer reflecting little waves…waves of breathing - some shallow, some deep. Your mouth curves tenderly as you float dreamily… your arms under and across the silken pillow. Holding me! You sleep so peacefully… so beautifully….like a young lad….on the virgin beaches of a long lost island!

As I watch you, I can smell the surf. The spray drenches the skin on my bare arms. You laugh – a soft gentle piece of perfect music. It floats across, as liquid as the water that carries it – mingled with the lone tern’s prayerful cry. The roar of the ocean beckons me into your dreams. And when I gently step in, the ripples from my feet reach the deep of your slumber and they echo back to me. Disturbed by the intruder, you stir and the sun is swiftly shadowed by dark angry clouds. As you flutter your eyes open, the heavy glassy drops shatter against the earth. With your smile you open up your phantasmal world and the thunder above welcomes me, announces me. An irresistible sweetness washes over us and I am completely lost in your arms. Outside, the rain washes away the exhaustion of life yet again and brings with it hopes of renewal….on the virgin beaches of a long lost island!

It is peaceful! Tranquil!! The days go by on placid waters, like catamarans slicing through life noiselessly. We float in and out of our days languidly. You come to me with orchids and questions…I come to you with smiles and sea shells. Like flitting butterflies we play around. And when the sun takes leave, sandy feet carry us to waves that kindle our passions and kiss our toes. And you hold my hand in yours, and we hold our world together – in the faint blush of my passion and the fervent fever of your fingers. Your hands lock on my wrist tightly, yet desire comprehension gently. Confident in life’s designs – we walk the earth. And we ponder aloud - Is this love? Such a small word…and yet it encompasses all of eternity…it defines us. We the young lovers….on the virgin beaches of a long lost island!

See the colours that herald the rising sun – like the juice of the tropical fruit that starts flowing on the palette softly, sweetly and then suddenly! It bursts in our senses – intense, overwhelming us! Hear the music this morning – a crescendo of notes that can only be felt – like the gentle morning warmth turning to mid-day heat. So calm yet so fiery, content yet ardent – we glory in ecstatic triumph...in our perfervid exaltation of one another. Faint yet jubilant – we rest in our joy, we bask in our imaginations. We savour the moments life offers us, we make memories in the scrap books of our minds, in the reservoirs of our hearts….all on the virgin beaches of a long lost island!

Yours in blissful peace,
Your Love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home