Monday, March 28, 2005

Rest - Love Letters 2

For 2 years now, we have been together. You come to me every night and I come to you everyday. We come together, just as we are …uninhibited, unpretentious. While apart, we yearn to be with one another, how we long for each other. We pine for the sweet love of friendship that is ours…just ours!! Love…such a wonderful warm feeling! Oh the joy of being in your arms, looking at the warm sunshine beyond the finger stained glass panes. When all the world stands still to hear our fingers drumming away. When you can hear my silences and I can comprehend your stares. And all this without ever knowing if you…..

But this I know – I confuse you! I challenge you and yet nourish you. I have in me a certain feistiness, a certain energy that burns you, yet it refreshes you. I see that you admire my courage and passion even though you mock my heart for its desires. You find the mirth and cheer in me addictive, intoxicating, even if you cannot comprehend it. I can feel your eyes watching me when I laugh. I can see you smile when I giggle. I can sense the pain in your heart when I remind you its time to go. And all this bitter-sweet ache even when ………

As we tear away from each other, we know it is just a few more hours before we can be together yet again. But does that console our weary hearts? Don’t I feel the indignation rise up in your mouth as you reach for the cold keys that will take you home? When in the dark loneliness you have to revisit reality and make commonplace, trite choices?

The fact is… we shall not see each other for a long time. Truth is we have never seen each other…and we might never see each other.

But I know even the softest sigh of yours. And you know even the smallest fear of mine. We have spoken, we have felt. And this distance of a few seas has inflamed our passions for life. This feverish longing for the touch of your voice tears me apart….. It captivates me and overpowers my senses… and I wonder! Will we ever share anything except this violent fervour? Will we ever...find the occasion to... at least share a bottle of wine….or perhaps some tiramisu?

I don’t ask if there have been others before me. I am certain there were, and so I do not ask. I do not want to know if I am the same as another one who basked in the deep pools of your tender attention.

So tell me then my friend, am I not loved by you and you by me? I know that I mirror your soul and you mine, and in this I rest secure and content.

I rest..... secure and content!!

Until we meet again...if we meet again...

Yours....always,
Your love!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home