Sunday, March 20, 2005

Silly Me!!

It is one of the silliest things I do, but it is so comforting. I have been doing it since I was a little girl. I bet there are many other girls who have done it and continue doing it. Maybe a few boys as well…maybe they don’t admit it, but I am certain they do it….maybe in closets or bathrooms or even in the pantry. Sometimes girls like to do it with a couple of other girls.... it helps to have company....

Wait a minute...I did not tell you what the silly thing was! I can see a few imaginations already running wild...I can’t allow you to assume whatever you want to now, can I?? Lollz! Well, I was talking about women and crying. (I can see all the guys go, 'awww man!') :-)) We like to cry....at least I do.

There needs to be no rational reason. There has to be nothing wrong, no heart breaks or any other kind of breaks. All is well and fine. But every now and then something feels a bit off... boring, humdrum, too quiet and monotonous. And a good cry makes it all better...weird when you actually think about it. :-)

I am sure some of our fellow 'enlightened' bloggers can actually come up with some scientific hormone related reason as to why it happens. Maybe it is the onset of depression. Or something that makes our eyes clean or some such thing. Lollz. All I know is that it is therapeutic and that’s all that really matters.

Well, I am feeling a bit blue. :-( Oh, pardon me! Did I not mention that already? That's how I got thinking about this whole crying deal...

It just seems silly!! But I know I am not all alone in this, I have quite a few girlfriends who will vouch for this phenomenon among women. Usually, I can do it just like that. Just start crying, cry for some 5 minutes and wipe off my eyes and nose and instantly feel better. It takes no time or effort and no one needs to know.

But today, I am having such a hard time. I even tried watching some sad story on Oprah...now guys, I don’t need your help crying so don’t offer any weird suggestions ok... ;-) Ok, I have to go now and try and cry. I might try reading some of Akber Kassam's blogs on Sulekha. That will do it. :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home