Tuesday, March 29, 2005

You & Me - Love Letters 6

It’s been a while since we walked on the beach. A while since we have been holding hands. I am peaceful in the knowledge that I am your whole world. I have been secure about it ever since our eyes met. I never really questioned your leading, just followed you with all trust. You did well…you never faltered, or led me astray. You protected me and provided for me. You loved my tears and smiles equally….You came and brought sense to my world. You brought me to reality, introduced me to practicality, and taught me to be pragmatic. I owe my maturity to you and to life. And life would not have happened unless you came by, so the credit is yours anyway!!

And I in return have loved, cherished, held….in sickness and in health, through the good times and bad. ‘Till death do us part’ sounds so apt now…like the perfect vow!! What a life we’ve been through!! And through so much we stuck together as though we were made of the same fabric. I have allowed you to become the center of my life. Now, I bring sense into your world. I lead you, ground you to reality at times, and help you remain practical and pragmatic. My mind has become yours. I am now you…and you are me.

Alas! Now that I am bound by rationale and gagged by tradition, where shall I find my oxygen? The brush that started making vivid wild strokes now rests forgotten. Dust and dried paint have rendered it lifeless. The canvas has paled and the charcoal patterns are but a memory. All the instruments that bring life to the soul sit in perfect juxtaposition on spotless shelves in dustless cases. The camera lies untouched…you have forgotten to capture memories. And we collect minutes and hours….days and weeks…and put them into jars and label them. They sit in sterile corners…ignored, forgotten. I do not hear the ocean anymore….I cannot smell the jasmine in the air. Where did I forget my butterflies?

Yours in doubt,
Your love!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heartcrossings said...

Love the love letter series ! Look forward to more.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home