Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Blooms & Springs - Love Letters 12

Another day gone by…..and with it another season gone by. Fall…winter….and now spring is here. Seasons of life – they have left me seasoned and mellow.

The ground is fallow and hard. But yet through it are springing shoots of newness. The tulips and the irises, the crocuses and the daffodils, they all gently nod their heads yet shiver in their delightful colours. Robins herald new love and the woodpecker pecks at a tall hemlock.

Everything seems like a perfect equation that is set in perfect synchrony. The long days, the short nights – all in harmonious syncopation to bring forth my life from its quiescence. The warm sunshine streaming through my sheer lace curtains kiss my eye lashes and nudge me gently. The soft fading night lights weigh heavy on the same eyelashes and lead me into the open arms of sleep. As I tip toe around my carefully built world, I find virgin nooks and corners that have never before seen light or love. With paint and glitter I decorate these sanctuaries of hope. I make new memories and write new poems. But everything I touch has already been touched by you….everything seems soiled, everything seems blessed.

Each new day, my thoughts are new. But they always begin the same way – with you. You see, the cherry tree did not die. It’s budding now and soon the whole tree will be covered with tiny white blossoms. And I so wish we had planted a fruit bearing cherry instead of this flowering one. If we had something worthwhile…it would bear fruit….it would have borne fruit.

I am in a constant state of amazement….life lives! Completely, joyfully and victoriously!!

Yours Affectionately!!

*************************

I suppose this is the last one in the series. I really do not know if this is a good way to end it. But if I write any more love letters, I will definitely post them!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home