Friday, April 08, 2005

Chay Says Hey!!!

This is my Intro Blog for DSS. Do visit there.... the craic is on!!


The party is in full swing! The saxophone and clarinet can be heard from quite a distance. The live band has everyone grooving on the dance floor. The mood sure is festive!! As expected I am a bit late. Right above the door is a big banner which reads “Dud Sea Scrawls – Putting the Cipher back in Decipher”. As I walk in, a great samba starts off. I watch with a huge grin on my face as accomplished dancers sweep the floors with aplomb and enthusiasm.

As I look around, I spot a few familiar faces, most are new. Or is it just that I am new? But my feet have found their rhythm already. I pick up a glass of bubbly from a passing salver and make my way further into the party. I see SSM on the far side of the room, grin on face, conversing with someone I don’t know. SSM hey there!! I wave and he waves back.

Oh look!! Geebs is right around the corner!! As I make my way towards her, I notice Cheti’s with her as well. They are chit chatting about the juniors and their antics. Geebs Maami, you look grand tonight!! Cheti, long time no see!! What new questions are you answering these days??

I excuse myself and walk towards a rather merry group. And why wouldn’t they be merry, they are talking about some Saturday fantasies!! Humsafar is turning all shades of red while the others are teasing her. A warm hug for Top Kapi and Soy, I am meeting you both after a long time. Hi Ascii, Its been a while since we met as well!!

I see Ananthu who is gesturing me to join him. As I make my way towards him, I notice Yosso, Ooops! I mean Ubermensch, lost in deep contemplation, the look in his eyes intensifies with the conversation, but I can’t see who he is talking with. There’s Ardra talking animatedly with Choc/Priya. I wave and blow them both kisses. LL and Void are in a serious discussion over men, women and their IQs.

Phew! I finally reach Ananthu and he introduces me to Fizo, who gets another congratulatory hug for a fabulous start to a new series. While we are chit-chatting, Inmyeye stops by to say hello. She looks splendid in a red Banarasi. Hugs and hellos, congratulations and celebrations!!

Buck, the perfect host stops by and welcomes me warmly, but he also chides me gently for being late. I mock salute him and say, “Pardon Sir! Aye Cap’m Sir!!”

Amidst all the laughter, the champagne flows along with the jazz, more dancing, sparkling diamonds, flashing pearls, cocktails and crackers, strawberries and brie, fragrant summer flowers, soft clinking of glasses…later on some Chopin, more laughter, poetry, toasts, more wine, aching feet , singing together, soft sunrises and new friendships…. and many more parties…the craic never ends

I am not a total stranger here.
But it’s nice to be where I can belong…..
I have much to learn and a bit to share.

Le’ Chaim!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home