Monday, April 04, 2005

Fall Colours - Love Letters 11

You left last fall. Amidst hues of flaming oranges and reds, you left…a blazing trail of shared memories behind you. The embers that fell aside set fire to the piles of dead desires. Some of them smolder yet…And when you went, you took with you the last leaf on the crab-apple tree. Since then all the trees have been bare – the maple, the birch, even the cherry tree we planted together.

The fall colours were like royal banners…. torn by the wind, one last salute to the dying dream. And when the dream died, the roads were strewn with brown – dull dry dead! The flying leaves that escaped the rake rot in corners – decaying, dirtying the beautiful structures. What once was full of life is now rot.

The dying flames have given way to bare silence – icy and cold, reminiscent of the last few days when we lay next to each other, oceans keeping us apart. The frigid air has made the tangled blueberry bush into shards of stone. As I hacked away on remnants of moments long gone, on the patches of frost fell huge drops of bright red…were they from my bleeding heart, I wonder? The winter has numbed my senses….I have wounded my hands, not just my heart. I bind my hand and watch the miracle of healing. My body heals itself, can my heart be made whole….

The cherry tree seems to be dying; I saw mushrooms on the ground beneath it.

Your Love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home