Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Love Actually!!

Just saw the movie Love Actually for the second time.

The first time I saw, it was around Christmas last year, cuddled up under our Christmassy blanket, with hubby’s warm arms around me. There was plenty of hot chocolate topped with mini-marshmallows, cookies, snacks, truffles and my very special Christmas cake, the many Christmas lights twinkling ever so charmingly, warming up the house and our hearts, inside and out. Towards the end of the movie we both were grinning and crying tears of joy when Jamie proposed marriage to Aurelia in Portuguese and she accepted in English….we both let out loud whoops of joy when little Sam dashed across airport security to tell the love of his life that he loved her. We both felt the pains and heartaches. We both felt the simple love that the picture spoke about…A simply superb flick!!

Please do watch this picture, if you have not already watched it. Other reasons I liked the movie – Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Liam Neeson, Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, interwoven love stories across the British society, tasteful mocking of the American President and American bimbettes, Hugh Grant, great and effective music, some wonderful dialogues, Hugh Grant, and Christmas, of course!! It’s yet another great romantic comedy. I am so totally in love with most of director/screen writer Richard Curtis’s British romantic movies …Notting Hill, Bridget Jones and all her diaries, Four Weddings and a Funeral….did you notice all the movies I mentioned have Hugh Grant??? Oh! And Colin Firth as well!! Charming…both of them! (Chay blushing gently and fluttering eyelashes. Ufff pa!!))

Well anyway, I am Hugh Granting….err…beg your pardon!! I meant digressing. (get a grip girl!!)

This second time I saw the movie, I was alone. I chose to watch it in the middle of the day. But it just so happens that as many love stories as this movie had, there was not one that I could relate to my life at this very point of time. That left me rather alarmed, but at least it pointed me towards the right train of thought, and for me that’s always a good thing. Yet again in my life…a make-believe movie is helping me determine something terribly important. Aahhh, the irony of it all!!

Hugh Grant in his gorgeous voice and accent says the opening lines….
“Love Actually… is… all… around!!”
And I ask myself, “do you see it??”
Oh yess oh yess oh yess I do. It is there alright!!
However, the buts…ifs…they abound and confound!!
Like Sam says in the movie…what’s worse than the total agony of being in love?

5 Comments:

Blogger DilettanteMoi said...

I think it is a great Christmas movie! I loved watching it [all by myself that is, with Love surrounding me!] with a nice fire lit and the drapes drawn apart so I could watch the snow flakes come down in a celestial grace.. Watching President Hugh Grant [hee hee hee] run behind his love.. :))

But I am not sure it would have the same affect with the birds chirping outside and the scorching sun beating through the windows!!

8:58 AM  
Blogger buckwaasur said...

lol chay...haven't seen this movie, so can't comment...but if it is the mush fest that u make it out to be, i wouldn't probably touch it with a bargepole...:-P

sorry to rain on ur parade, but i just had to share this hilarious ooold sulekha review of this movie which caused the blogger a lot of angst, actually ...:-)))

10:08 AM  
Blogger DilettanteMoi said...

LOL! buck, that was one hilarious review.. though it would not change my opinion about the movie a whole lot! The only thing I would change is Hugh Grant is PrimeMinister and not President [but when it is Hugh Grant, who cares for these details anyways!!]

I like mush in winter.. cos the slush, the chocolates, the ashes from the fireplace.. everything reminds me of mush.. it just fits right in!! More power to me. ;))

10:36 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Ok....comments are on DSS....pls to enjoy there!! :-))

Funnycide....fireplace and snowflakes...sighs!! what a perfect way to watch something so darned mushy eh!!

2:07 PM  
Blogger koolsome said...

Great writing. Consider me a regular visitor frm now on.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home