Sunday, May 15, 2005

Weekend Rants!!

Aren’t rants lovely to read?? I hear they are lovely to write as well. Are they?? Well, I suppose they can be fun, if you know how to rant. I don’t know if I do know how to rant. I complain a lot, but usually about the same thing. So, I figured I find some new things to complain about. J

Well for starters, I come back to my beloved PC and what do I see?? None of my blogger pals are around. Of course, I could think to myself and say, ‘Hey Chay, you were so missed on blog-boards, that your buddies decided to take a break as well, till you come back.” But that would not be true. So I won’t think it. I am not saying it, am I? As it is I have a reputation of being narcissistic and totally & inseparably in love with my handle. Well, I am in love with Chay…err I meant the meaning of Chaya – life. Oh well! Think what you want, you lovers of ‘chayspeak’!! (It’s a good thing it’s just my handle and not my name eh!!)

It’s Sunday afternoon. Hubby is mowing the lawn. We tried to weed the backyard which needs much work. After 15 minutes of digging with a hoe which is a ‘Made in India’ from Lowes, Hubbs decided we should see if we can get a mechanized version of sorts for rent. Most of my garden tools are ‘Made in Indias’, amazing how there are so many business opportunities right there and all our Desi entrepreneurs can see is the need for Desi groceries or Enterprise Solutions. No one really wants to climb the rainbow, they’d rather be at the ends, on terra firma!! Well, It makes good business sense to be in safe place, no? Yeah…but what would I know??

For the 1000th time, why do the houses seem so flimsy in Oosa?? Yeah yeah!! I know about earthquakes and tornadoes and in our case, volcanoes and what not!! But I still wish they were made off brick and mortar like back home. At least I would not hear the Chinese Opera playing in my neighbour’s home.

Speaking of building, I spoke with Ma last night. Last month a truck of construction sand cost Rs. 4000. This month the same truck of sand costs Rs 14,000!!! Can you believe that!! If the problem is not with sand, then it is with water. How can anyone build a house in Bangalore with such ridiculous prices?? Good news is that she does not need much sand anymore.

I am trying to clean out my pantry. In the process I discovered I need more shelving in there. There is so much food there, that I can feed an army for another year or so. I finally managed to get some good old desi type dabbas at Wal-Mart at prices that don’t give me a heart attack!! (Yes, they are ‘Made in China’) So now, all my grains and masalas look pretty and presentable. My Oosa’ian friends sure love the colours and shapes. It’s like a Montessori school for them with new colours and new shapes!! Thank goodness I have fewer groceries than cleaning supplies. The garage - that’s a story I am not going to tell you!!

I need more shelving in my closets as well. Poor hubbs seems so worn from his weekly yard work, I am so tempted to just try a hand at his power tools. Oh well, dry walls are so easy to fix, I am certain he wont mind terribly if I just punch a fist sized hole by mistake. Or I could just threaten to do that and he will put up all the shelving I need pronto!! Hmm….nice idea that!!

I got sunburned badly on my break. And it was raining for most of the time too, yet I managed to get sun burns. I now look like an over baked chocolate cookie…just before it burns!! If an SPF 45 sunscreen can’t take care of my super sensitive brown skin, I wonder what can!! Don’t say SPF 50, for goodness sake!!

We went bicycling last night. I finally figured how to use those gears. Dang!! And all this while I pedaled so hard needlessly!! Anyway, it was great fun to ride around last night in the pitch dark parts of our community, with absolutely no lights on. We even left the blinkers at home. It reminded me of the time when hubbs used to drive in the Bangalore University campus in pitch dark on our dates. We’d cruise slowly and the moment we came near the Law College Campus, he’d turn off the lights and I’d scream my head off for a couple of seconds and then we’d just enjoy the crickets and the star filled skies….till we came a main intersection with street lights. Then we’d turn around and do the whole thing again. How fun!!

There I go again, I wanted to rant and eventually came back to my unending love stories!! Sighs!! I can’t even rant properly!! Maybe I can rant about that the next time!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rajavel said...

a perfect blog to come back to the blog dom ..

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you seem like someone i know quite well in fast forward...:)

1:16 AM  
Blogger buckwaasur said...

hey...welcome back chay...so how was vancouver?? pliss to post pics in a blog asap...:-)

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home