Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bengalooru Bloggers - An introduction to Ananthu

After the initial 20 day euphoria of family and extended family, a very wonderful wedding (pictures of which you shall see later), I was suddenly left alone. Both mum and dad were at their respective colleges, I have no siblings to bicker and bond with and I was done with food and sleep. It almost seemed impossible!! How was I going to fill every day of the next 2 months of my stay in India with 12 hours with activities ? The activities had to be interesting too. But man was I worrying over nothing!!

The absolute first blogger I met was….(tatta da daa da ta daa da ta da – in the background plays the theme from Rocky)….ANANTHU. No prizes for guessing that!! So, here I was in the general area that he works in, running a few annoying errands and it happened to be lunch time and I was starving. We decided I’d park at his office and so that’s where we met - at the great big gate to his office building. He seemed to be completely at ease, he'd done this many times before with other people. Although I bet he was praying like mad that I was not this crazed junkie high on something other than coffee that was going to chop him up into tiny pieces and feed them to the goats right after lunch. Me…? Well I was more concerned about him. He was going to end up in pieces after all… ;-)

So he took me to this nice looking ‘new’ restaurant with sparkly lights and Italian marble flooring. As soon as we settled in, I mentioned to Ananthu this other restaurant in the same area that hubbs and I used to frequent years ago. He agreed they make great Oota (food). So, without wasting another hungry moment the two of us slid out of our seats and headed towards the noisier, more crowded, un-fancy Andhra style restaurant that serves amazing banana leaf food. (Sorry Ananthu, I still don’t remember the name of the ‘joint’, you will have to provide that) On the way there, Ananthu very nonchalantly said, “I actually thought of that place, but then thought you might not like it. I thought I’d take you to a more decent looking place at least the first time we met”. (gaaaawd, I feel deeply for the girls of Bengalooru!! He has every idea to impress them ladies minto-phress ishtyle, I am certain. Bechaari kudiyaan!!)

So we talked and joked and mentioned many times that we had to meet again and have a DSS meet as well. When back at the parking lot, Ananthu took me around to show me his new bike. And he could not find it because there were some 50 similar bikes in the same row. So after hunting it down, he eventually showed me the cool wheels and we discussed biking and such things and eventually focused on the uncomfortable looking seat. I asked if the pillion rider would be safe and Ananthu said, “who cares!” Double dang!! There went my hopes of a fun bike ride around the city with Ananthu! Apparently bikes like Ananthu’s are called bachelor bikes….I will let you draw your own conclusions about this, but just to point you in the right direction of my thoughts I will say that the term ‘Bachelor Bike’ has less to do with comfort for the pillion rider and more to do with the sudden brakes that the rider applies…..yeah you thought right!! Well, this is the age to play right??

After the vaahan darshan I quickly took down the mobile numbers of the other cool Bengalooru Bloggers and touched base with a few of them right there. I now recollect Pradz had a score to settle with Ananthu that first time I spoke with him…wonder if that was sorted out….Now that I have ‘bathhi hachhi-fied’ (lit the wick….hopefully to a new bomb…its a Kannada expression), my job for the first report is done…

There is still a lot more to say,
but for now ashte!! (ashte = That’s all/That’s it.)
Same time, some other day!!
Nimma preethiya Chay (Your loving Chay…. don’t gag on the corny stuff please!! Try and smile instead....) :-)

8 Comments:

Blogger bharath said...

lit the wick….hopefully to a new bomb

was hilarious!


nice read chay! :-) ain't it easier when you do it :P

4:53 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Bloo,

aaargh!! That does not sound right!! AAAARRRRGH...there much better!! :-D


Lollz Ananthu...I see I am making a politician of you as well!! :-p
now dont get all riled up...I did not mention the other things about the bachelor bike...or the other things... :-p

we did not ask for the pradz story did we...;-) so...are u in one piece or did he get to you eventually...

guru...it sure was fun kano...I miss you all!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

BTW ananthu...I gave you the rocky theme dude...you have got to be happy for that!! That should wipe out the zinger in a flash!! :-)))))))

10:06 AM  
Blogger Divya said...

How much she talks?!! Man! Wonder how her hubby tolerates her ...

Now, i have the answer! thought it was too rude to ask! ;)

Hey chay! where is our blog? fotos also please...

love,
dooks

10:07 AM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Dookie...you too... :-o

Hubbs is revelling in the new found sympathy... :-O

hello....are you folks really my friends?? :-)))

btw dooks, our blog is coming up...photos, look for that too... :-))

1:48 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

Ah, Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, ;))
Plz do write about the 'episode' in Chennai and how I took you to a Nair Tea Kadai and bought Chay some Chaya ;))))))
Would want to read what you have in mind about that!!!
And this Dooka laiidi, she calls up one day and wants to speak to Das and gives me 5 questions to ask and find out who she is;)))))) And the next thing I heard from her was an SMS saying that she is leaving to her 'other home'. You know what Dooks did? She saved that msg that Chaya had sent and added an extra line and sent it to folks as hers;))))))

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Arpana Sanjay said...

Thanks a bunch Anon....your comment is where your thoughts belong...in the trash!! the next time do be kind enough to leave a name.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home