Wednesday, November 15, 2006

This old house

Jan 2006 - Pictures and Poem


I went by your house looking for you
Searching for a remnant of us
I expected to see smiles and tears
I thought of the questions and fears
I even expected accusations and jeers
But you were gone, you had moved on
You had faded even from the nameplate
That used to decorate your broken gate

The steps on which we sat and dreamt
Laughed back at me in bitter contempt
Tormenting, willing me to go back in time
to take a peek at this moment in its prime
A sepia picture of you bouncing out
A guitar, a grin and arms stretched out
I waved back, felt it was going to be okay,
But into distempered oblivion, you faded away

I went by your house looking for you
Searching for a remnant of us
All that’s left is a decrepit old carcass
of childhood stories and what once used to be us.
A broken castle with a lock old and rusty
Guarding scattered memories old and dusty
I came by your house looking for you
You are gone. You have moved on.



Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chay,

girl that was a beautiful, heartfelt poem! An old friend you can't trace?

Hope you find that friend soon someday...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Rajavel said...

WOW !!!

AWESOME !!! beautifull !!!

first wanted to quote a couple of lines, then all the lines were quotable so I am dropping that idea !!!

Is this a poem inspired just by the building alone or the real memories behind the building ?

Touching ! loved it !

10:52 AM  
Blogger aria said...

Hi Chay .. quite haunting photographs .. and very touching poem . .it could mean so much in so many different ways ..

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sandhya Kapoor said...

Chay,

I am not a poetry person - in fact, far from it. But, I loved this one - its haunting, poignant, sad, touching and beautiful - all rolled into one.

The pictures of the house - beautiful.

10:01 PM  
Blogger RTD2 said...

Hi...I liked this...feels familiar somehow :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger RamaDrama said...

"When you can re-visit in your heart
When you can re-live the moments
How does it matter if one has moved on?"

The words pour seamlessly when it is from the heart and this is one such piece.

Lovely!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home