Friday, October 03, 2008

Lost & Found!

I am bursting with excitement!! I just had a long long conversation with my best friend from my PU college days...and its been nearly 12 years since I last spoke with her, saw her or heard anything about her.

My heart is so full....so full!! Its nice to know that you are remembered fondly. That you are not the only one who remembers people or events. And that there is someone who reciprocates with the same love and fondness. Most of my memories of my college are the many different ways I made a fool out of myself...the many places and ways I stood out like a sore thumb...and the many many things I did that were plain stupid, even inapproriate!

We've all grown up now and the childish things of the past dont really matter. I know that. But the embarrassment lingers on. I always thought I was a serious person, but I heard my best friend tell me that I laughed and giggled a lot. I also learnt that I had a huge crush on some guy and that everyone knew about it. Breakthru finally!! This does not embarrass me one bit! Its kinda sweet actually....! :-))

So, when I hear from an old friend and she confirms that I was not such a fool after all and that there were a few bright spots...it makes my heart glad. Makes me a little more sure of myself. Like I always say, go back to the people of your childhood and have them remind you of who you were before life had a crack at you. They will remind you of what you lost...and they will help you find it again.

I feel peaceful!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Arpana avare,

Namaskara,

Ugadi habbada, hosa varshada, hardhika subhashayagalu.

I totally empathise wth u.

I am a graduate fm Inste of Htl Mgt - Blr, and I'd lost touch of all my college mates [seniors, classmates, and juniors].

Tks to the power of hardware and software [computer, internet and Facebook], and most important, to Mindware [my good friend Shankar Subramanian - Ninedots] who put me on to Facebook, today, after 17 years, I hv > 70 friends who hv accepted me as a friend.

It's been 17 years, and wn we talk, we still talk as if we had just said bye to each other yesterday.

Thought I'll share this lil episode wth u.

Bye & Take Care

Vijay

ps: I came here thru flickr...and am enjoying ur pics...kp up the good work!

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home